Gardeners are beginning to turn their winter landscaping dreams into reality of a new growing season. Due to the pandemic, the last two summers have given increased homeowner's fast-growing interest in their back and front yard landscaping. Individuals are beginning to discover the joy and beauty of gardening and landscaping for the very first time, but whether or not you're new at gardening now is the right time to explore some of the resources Everything Outdoors can offer you!
When implementing a spring-time clean up of your landscaping, consider following these tips:
- Prune any plants that might have been affected by frost or freeze from the previous winter months. When doing so consider adding them to a compost pile combined with kitchen scarps and this will begin to break down to improve your soil's abilities.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts to make sure they are draining properly onto your planting area or the lawn. During this time it is also a good idea to take a look at your sprinkler system. Get into the routine of checking your sprinkler system annually. You may want to consider installing any other good irrigation options and Everything Outdoors can help with that.
- Replenish any mulch that may have gotten disturbed during the colder months. About two to three inches of mulch should be in each bed. Doing so will create a nice and tidy look and will also help keep down any weeds that may grow.
- If any of your plants were damaged or need replacing now is the time to do just that. Consider looking for Florida native and low-maintenance plants to include in your landscaping this spring.
- Power wash your driveway, pavers, and clean out any birdbaths you may have. Doing so will make the appearance of your home look so much better for the spring and summer seasons.